The Moment Of Realization

Posted by Zombie Head | 10:39 AM | 1 comments »

To give you the background I am not that fatso guy but I am not lean either. I have a rotund belly which is growing slowly and steadily. Primary reason being the laid back lifestyle that I've. I am not going to dive into the details of my eating habits but surely 'I eat without thinking'. You can say me the 'emotional eater' .

Let me show you my vital statistics:

Height: 5'7'' or 178 cm
Weight: 73.7 kg or 161.9 lbs
BMI: 25.4

BMI Categories:

  • Underweight = <18.5
  • Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
  • Overweight = 25-29.9
  • Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater


Going by the above numbers it's evident that I am overweight, and need to do something about it otherwise in the years to come I would be one of those 'pot belly' guys. Actually the true inspiration behind the weight reduction program came from a couple of incidence that changed my self image.

About a few weeks ago I went out with my friends for a outing and we clicked some good number of snaps and he had this digi-cam with him and I being the non-techy, unsavvy guy who couldn't handle the cam I was present in most of those. Coming to the point when I checked out the photos later, there I saw myself as an amorphous blob of meat. I was clearly looking heavier than my friends.

Second incident took place when I recently met one of my oldest pal. He showed me one of my childhood photographs. I couldn't believe I was the same guy, the guy in the photograph surely looked 'ultra' thin, a sleek carved body that was. I thought to myself what I was doing that made me changed from that skimpy guy to this blubber. I felt so nostalgic that I literally cried at that moment.

I decided I'd to anything to be 'that' guy again, so thus I began with my weight reduction program. The fateful day when I decided to break free (read 'fat free').


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

1 comments

  1. Ankit // May 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

    About the writer i want to comment that he has got conscious at the right time.Maybe our new lifestyle has to lot to do with our growing belly.I am not saying that we should not eat anything without thinking but can also try to add some simple exercising into our daily routines.This will help us a lot in future. I just want to complement the writer for becoming aware of the problem which our our country will be facing shortly with the increasing number of overweight children.So guys and gals wake before it's too late....