7th May, I'll begin

Posted by Zombie Head | 9:24 AM | 3 comments »


7th May is the day when I'll begin my quest for weight reduction. Yesterday I went to a bookstore nearby and was checking out Health & Fitness section. There I got hold of a book on 'Fasting'; I was surprised to know that it's a complete science in itself. It mentioned that one loses around 450g on a water only fast.


Inspired by the book I've decided to start my first day with fasting. This would really help if I would be able to loose 450g on the the first day itself. That would truly be an ideal start. Let's hope everything goes the right way.


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

3 comments

  1. Jackie // May 5, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

    When I find I am nibbling all day I spend a day fasting to get my eating habits back in order. I don't do a water only diet but drink a fruit or veggie drink every two hours or I feel light headed. Something like half a glass of organic carrot juice or paw paw juice works well as it doesn't cause acidity and won't add many calories.

  2. Alan // May 5, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

    You seem to be in denial.

    Why wait until tomorrow? Start immediately.

    Why pay for books? Start here:

    http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/2006/10/weight-loss-cooking-and-eating-plan.html

    Cheers, Alan

  3. Capnchron32 // May 5, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

    You need to begin the Atkins Diet. Fasting is not good for you at all. You need to do some exercising along with drinking ONLY water and unsweet green tea(from the natural tea bags).

    If you are not familiar with the Atkins diet it is cutting down your carbohydrates. The first 2 weeks you should consume absolutely no carbohydrates.. at the end of the 2 week period you should find that you have lost at least 10 pounds.

    You can then begin to allow yourself a small amount of carbohydrates each day. I'd say less than 30-40 a day.

    I am a fighter and when I have a big fight coming up I normally train for about 3 months, while doing this diet to lose weight so I can fight in lower weight classes than what I walk around at.

    For example, I had a big fight March 27th of this year. I began training January 20th weighting 215. By March 27 I weighed 179 pounds.

    I kept record of my weight loss as follows..
    Jan 20-215
    Feb 1-210
    Feb 10-200
    Feb 16-197
    Feb 26-194
    March 2-192
    March 8-190
    March 14-188
    March 15-185
    March 24-180
    March 27-Weighed in at 179

    You wanna lose weight and get in top shape, do this.